DropdownList in EditItemTemplate

randy

I have a template column and a DropdownList in the EditTemplateItem area. I
can't find a way to bind a datatable to it when EditItemIndex is set...HELP

After the user clicks Update the following code should work...

dim cbo as DropdownList

cbo = ctype(e.Item.FindControl("Dropdown1"), DropdownList)
debug.write(cbo.selectedvalue)

right?

Many Thanks,

-Randy

Kilic Beg

I used the ID of the dropdown to get the selectedvalue..
strKey = "<IDofDropdown>";
strSelectedvalue = Request.Form[strKey].Trim();