dynamically change web service URL based on environment

steven

hi

as many web developers do, i sniff the URL of my app and toggle things
like the db connection string, default email recipients, etc
dynamically based on what i find (ie. dev.mysite.com, qa.mysite.com,
mysite.com). this way, i don't have to worry about updating my
web.config file everytime i want to deploy my app from DEV to QA to
PRODUCTION. however, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this with
the web service URL property in VS. i can set the URL property for my
web services to dynamic, but this just means the URL will be loaded
from the web.config file. this means i'm having to maintain separate
web.config files for my three hosting environments.

has anybody got a more elegant way of toggling the web service URL
based on the environment their site is running under?

tks.