email libraries and threads

rodmc

Hi,

I am writing a threaded application, part of which relies on sending
messages to users. However I cannot get the smtplib and some other
email related libraries to work inside threads (they work ok when not
in threads). Is there a problem with using threads and email? If so is
there a solution available or any tips which people can give me?

Best,

rod

Diez B. Roggisch

rodmc said:
Hi,

I am writing a threaded application, part of which relies on sending
messages to users. However I cannot get the smtplib and some other
email related libraries to work inside threads (they work ok when not
in threads). Is there a problem with using threads and email? If so is
there a solution available or any tips which people can give me?

I doubt that there are problems using the modules from within threads -
at least as long as you don't share connecitons and the like between
threads.

So - until you show us some of your troubles by providing actual code
examples and error messages, nobody will be able to help you.

Diez