embedding python ImportError: libpyglib PyExc_ImportError

Oliver Marks

Hi i am a new member on this list and thought if some people may be able
to enlighten me to the error below ?

I am running 64 bit ubuntu 10.10 and python 2.6 in case there are know
issues with this
setup, basically i am embedding python inside a c application i managed
to get this to work i can call functions from the original c program and
the scripts run until i import gtk in the python script this causes the
error below.

I am using the waf build system to build the c program, my knowledge of
c is limited i am more a python programmer which is why i am attempting
the embed python so i can write my plugins in python.

I get the feeling the error is todo with linking but i dont get why i
can import gtk normally in python but not when its embeded ?

Any help or pointers would be appreciated, that might help me get this
solved or better understand what is wrong.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/share/geany/plugins/gpykickstart.py", line 4, in
<module>
import glib
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/gtk-2.0/glib/__init__.py", line 22,
in <module>
from glib._glib import *
ImportError: /usr/lib/libpyglib-2.0-python2.6.so.0: undefined symbol:
PyExc_ImportError
Failed to load the "gpykickstart" module from the
"/usr/local/share/geany/plugins" directory.