Enter/Return Key Function

tyv

Hi,

I encountered a bug on a website that I am working on. The enter/
return key function works in certain parts of the website and doesn't
work in other parts. I went through all the scripts but I'm not sure
why the function does not work for this part. Does anyone have any
suggestions/scripts that would work in this case?

I am working with javascript, ASP files and html.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tyv

Joost Diepenmaat

tyv said:
Hi,

I encountered a bug on a website that I am working on. The enter/
return key function works in certain parts of the website and doesn't
work in other parts.

What enter/return key functions are you talking about? All default key
bindings (especially the enter/return key bindings) are browser-
specific and usually dependent on whatever element (if any) has focus at
the time.
I went through all the scripts but I'm not sure
why the function does not work for this part. Does anyone have any
suggestions/scripts that would work in this case?

It's probably an error on line 12 of the function.

Nick Fletcher

Hi,

I encountered a bug on a website that I am working on. The enter/
return key function works in certain parts of the website and doesn't
work in other parts. I went through all the scripts but I'm not sure
why the function does not work for this part. Does anyone have any
suggestions/scripts that would work in this case?

I am working with javascript, ASP files and html.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tyv

There's probably a keyup event handler on the elements that don't work
with some code to prevent default browser behaviour.

Evertjan.

Joost Diepenmaat wrote on 29 feb 2008 in comp.lang.javascript:
What enter/return key functions are you talking about? All default key
bindings (especially the enter/return key bindings) are browser-
specific and usually dependent on whatever element (if any) has focus at
the time.

It's probably an error on line 12 of the function.

.... and next time use Coke zero when inundating your keyboard.

abaqueiro

Hi,

I encountered a bug on a website that I am working on. The enter/
return key function works in certain parts of the website and doesn't
work in other parts. I went through all the scripts but I'm not sure
why the function does not work for this part. Does anyone have any
suggestions/scripts that would work in this case?

I am working with javascript, ASP files and html.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Tyv

probably a flash movie, capturing the event