Error reading web service

John

Hi

I am getting the following error when getting a dataset from a web method;

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: There is an error in
XML document (1, 138437). ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data
from the transport connection.

The error comes on the line indictaed below;

<System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapDocumentMethodAttribute("http://tempuri.o
rg/StaffWS/Service1/GetStaffDiary",
RequestNamespace:="http://tempuri.org/StaffWS/Service1",
ResponseNamespace:="http://tempuri.org/StaffWS/Service1",
Use:=System.Web.Services.Description.SoapBindingUse.Literal,
ParameterStyle:=System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapParameterStyle.Wrapped)> _
Public Function GetStaffDiary() As System.Data.DataSet
Dim results() As Object = Me.Invoke("GetStaffDiary", New Object(-1) {})
' <=== Above line comes up with the error
Return CType(results(0),System.Data.DataSet)
End Function

The file is Reference.vb under ...\Project\Web References\<the url in
reverse> folder.

Any idea what it means and how to fix it?

Thanks

Regards