Error Uploading Files

Guest

Windows XP Pro
IIS 5.1

I am using the cookie cutter code from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323246#XSLTH3130121122120121120120
to try to upload a file.
THe issue is (I believe) that with XP Pro the Permissions are not set the
same way as the example.

In the management console for IIS I have given full permissions in my upload
directory to the ASPNET account and it still will not allow me to upload the
a file. Always access denied.

Does anyone know how to properly set the permissions on XP Pro to accept a
file from System.Web.HttpPostedFile

Thanks

Joerg Jooss

matthew said:
Windows XP Pro
IIS 5.1

I am using the cookie cutter code from
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323246#XSLTH31
30121122120121120120 to try to upload a file.
THe issue is (I believe) that with XP Pro the Permissions are not set
the same way as the example.

In the management console for IIS I have given full permissions in my
upload directory to the ASPNET account and it still will not allow me
to upload the a file. Always access denied.

That's not enough. Reread the KB entry again -- you have to give
permission on file system level (see section "Create the Data
Directory").

Cheers,

Guest

Joerg,
I did all that too, the problem is it doesn't quite match up as I am using
XP Pro.

any ideas?