Excel and .Net

Ed Bangle

Greetings,
I create a .Net project where I have dragged and
dropped the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet from the
Toolbox. I have a complex Excel File built for reporting
and I need to import it into .Net and have it run from the
browser so that key people can save and download the
information to their desktop. Can someone tell me how I
can import the document into .Net so that when I compile
it, it shows up on a web browser just as it was by
itself? NOTE: the Excel file has Visual Basic Code and
when I tried to convert to XML, it told me I would lose
that information. Therefore, I cannot export the existing
file as XML and attach it to the spreadsheet in .Net.

I appreciate everyones help :)

Thx,
Ed

Ed Bangle

Thanks for your input Steve but it was not exporting to
Excel. It is in reference of an Existing Excel file that
needs to import into .Net. Eventually, I will need to
extract the VB code and calulations to each cell. But for
the moment, just attaching the existing excel file into
the Microsoft Office Spreadsheet in the .Net Toolbox will
really make my day. Does anyone have any ideas how to
attach an existing file into the Microsoft Office
Spreadsheet tool in .Net?

I appreciate everyones help :)

Happy Day,
Ed

Alvin Bruney

Visual studio and by extension most microsoft tools do not support live data
at design time. If you insist, you need to look at borland c# builder for
that. You can only manipulate data at run-time. With that said, the excel
spreadsheet still doesn't know how to load an excel file. Trust me, it's
true. You will need to dump the file out as csv or html and then load it at
run-time. Still, design time data is not available.

hope this helps

Ed Bangle

Wow ... this hits the problem right to the "T". Thanks
for your input Alvin. I totally agree with you. Unless
the project is rebuilt in .Net instead of Excel. The
project is Doomed.

Thx again :)
Ed