    I have tried eval() that I used in my shell script but it did not work.

    Any hints?

    //Mikael

    Petterson Mikael, Jan 5, 2005

  2. Petterson Mikael

    Shawn Corey Guest

    perldoc -f system
    perldoc -f exec
    perldoc perlop (See `)

    --- Shawn

    Shawn Corey, Jan 5, 2005

  3. Petterson Mikael

    Shawn Corey Guest

    I forgot:
    perldoc -f open (See |)

    --- Shawn

    Shawn Corey, Jan 5, 2005
  4. Petterson Mikael

    Paul Lalli Guest

    work.

    "did not work" is a poor error description. Please read the posting
    guidelines that are posted to this group regularly.
    There are a number of ways of executing external commands. Among them
    are:
    system (read: perldoc -f system)
    exec (read: perldoc -f exec)
    backticks (read: perldoc perlop, search for 'qx')
    pipes (read: perldoc -f open)

    Which one you want to use depends on what kind of information you want
    to retrieve from the command, and how you want to interact with the
    command.

    Paul Lalli

    Paul Lalli, Jan 5, 2005