Failed to enable constraints... when there are none!

Jeff

I've been having this problem for weeks and its been stumping me. By
the way, Im working with MS SQL 2000, ASP.NET2 and Visual Studio 2005.
I am recieving an error, when executing a SELECT statement from an
ObjectDataSource thorugh a strongly typed DataSet DAL:

Failed to enable constraints. One or more rows contain values violating
non-null, unique, or foreign-key constraints.

There are no foreign key constraints on my database, and the data being
selected is neither null nor an identity. Actually, the error is only
thrown when one of the columns being returned contains a specific
value. Removing the column from the select statement or changing the
data to a different value causes the page to run properly.

My best guess is that VS05 is misconfiguring the DataSets. However,
I've tried (among lots of other things) deleting and rebuilding the
TableAdapters with the same error persisting.

Help please! Thanks!

Jeff

LosManos

hejdig.

The dataset/datatable contains a collection of errors. Look through it to
find exactly which row/column/value is generating the error.

The question is also not related to aspnet but to adonet. Please use
another newsgroup.

HTH

/OF

Jeff

Thanks for the reply and the direction.

I know which row and column is generating the error. My problem is that
I can't make sense of the error statement given the fact that the data
should be valid in every way.