Force login up

VK

Hello,

I am letting IIS via AD authenticate the user. Now the window login popup
always appears when the user access any of the pages on the intranet the
first time. However I want that the window popup should appear via a link or
something like that. Now can I force that window pop up to appear?
Furthermore how do I logout a user? Is there a cookie or something like that
which I need to reset? As said I let IIS doing all the checking.

Thanks

Ken Schaefer

Hi,

If you are using HTTP based authentication (e.g. Basic, Integrated Windows
Auth). you may be able to log the user out using the following (if they have
IE6 SP1):
http://www.adopenstatic.com/cs/blogs/ken/archive/2005/04/12/14.aspx

It is up to the browser to decide whether to send credentials or not, and
unfortunately IE sends credentials to the site for any windows opened in the
same process.

Cheers
Ken

--