.func and .endfunc

Andreas

Hi!

I'm trying to compare is two different implementations gives the same
result, and it almost does. When I compile my c-code I get a list-file
containing Win32 assembler for my program.

The only differance in two lines:
File 1:
..func 82
File 2:
..func 80

File 1:
250 .endfunc 155,000000016h
File 2:
250 .endfunc 153,000000016h

Anyone know if .func and .endfunc affects the binary, or if it's only
help code from the assembly compiler?

Best Regards,
/Andreas

Joona I Palaste

Andreas said:
I'm trying to compare is two different implementations gives the same
result, and it almost does. When I compile my c-code I get a list-file
containing Win32 assembler for my program.
The only differance in two lines:
File 1:
.func 82
File 2:
.func 80
File 1:
250 .endfunc 155,000000016h
File 2:
250 .endfunc 153,000000016h
Anyone know if .func and .endfunc affects the binary, or if it's only
help code from the assembly compiler?

This is completely implementation-specific and has nothing to do with
the C language. Please ask in a newsgroup dedicated to your compiler.

Flash Gordon

On 7 Dec 2004 02:58:36 -0800
Hi!

I'm trying to compare is two different implementations gives the same
result, and it almost does. When I compile my c-code I get a list-file
containing Win32 assembler for my program.

The only differance in two lines:
File 1:
.func 82
File 2:
.func 80

File 1:
250 .endfunc 155,000000016h
File 2:
250 .endfunc 153,000000016h

Anyone know if .func and .endfunc affects the binary, or if it's only
help code from the assembly compiler?

Since your question is about assembler not C what makes you think it is
topical here? Go take it to a Win32 assembler group.