FYI - wiki.python.org compromised

Brian Curtin

On December 28th, an unknown attacker used a previously unknown remote
code exploit on http://wiki.python.org/. The attacker was able to get
shell access as the "moin" user, but no other services were affected.

Some time later, the attacker deleted all files owned by the "moin"
user, including all instance data for both the Python and Jython
wikis. The attack also had full access to all MoinMoin user data on
all wikis. In light of this, the Python Software Foundation encourages
all wiki users to change their password on other sites if the same one
is in use elsewhere. We apologize for the inconvenience and will post
further news as we bring the new and improved wiki.python.org online.

If you have any questions about this incident please contact
(e-mail address removed). Thank you for your patience.