    Will my application be able to use the full potential and all the features of the new glibc. Or will my application be able to use only those features of libc which were available while building my application?

    Thanks,
    Da

    arun Coder, Jul 18, 2013

  2. arun Coder

    James Kuyper Guest

    Such questions are likely to get better answers if posted to a forum
    specific to gcc or glibc. While trying to locate such a forum, I
    discovered that you've already posted an identical message to
    gnu.glibc.bug. Since you're not reporting a bug, that's probably not the
    right location. Also, there doesn't seem to have been any actual
    discussions on that newsgroup since early 2006 - since then it's just
    been spam and people posting messages that nobody responded to. gnu.gcc
    and gnu.gcc.help are both far more active, and seem likely to be
    appropriate, even if only for finding someone who can redirect you to a
    more appropriate forum.

    gcc runs on many different kinds of systems, including some which don't
    even support dynamic linking, which would render your question
    meaningless. If and when you do find the right forum, be sure to
    indicate the type of systems where your program will be running - the
    correct answer may be different on different systems.

    James Kuyper, Jul 18, 2013