general web services question

javerra

I need to write a web services client that is sending an xml document.
From my reading it seems that I have two options. Either generate the
client proxy via the wsdl2java converter or build the request by hand
using the SAAJ api.

The current system to which this client is being added already has the
xml file built so it seems to me that building the soap request by hand
would be the better option allowing me to place the xml file in the
soap envelope. If I went the WSDL2Java route I would need to parse the
current xml document into its parts only to put it back together in the
proxy.

Does this seem like the right approach or am I completely off base
here.

Regards.