GetTime() library

jny0

Hi,
I've recently rebuilt a toolchain (cross compiler for a target
architecture), and now when I recompile some old (c) code, the
GetTime() isn't recognised. The code compiles, and runs (mostly) on
the target architecture. The GetTime() function isn't one I recognise
(as I inherited the code), and believe I must have missed something
when rebuilding the toolchain. Any ideas what library this belongs
to?

Regards,
JNY

Vincenzo Mercuri

jny0 said:
Hi,
I've recently rebuilt a toolchain (cross compiler for a target
architecture), and now when I recompile some old (c) code, the
GetTime() isn't recognised. The code compiles, and runs (mostly) on
the target architecture. The GetTime() function isn't one I recognise
(as I inherited the code), and believe I must have missed something
when rebuilding the toolchain. Any ideas what library this belongs
to?

I can't be sure but it seems to be a Microsoft's childbirth.

jny0

Seems unlikely. This is c running on an embedded linux system.
Microsoft haven't been anywhere near it.

Richard Bos

jny0 said:
The GetTime() function isn't one I recognise ...
Any ideas what library this belongs to?

There was a function in some MSDOS compilers called gettime(),
capitalised that way. Turbo C, for one. Used to get internal time to
1/100th second resolution (but not necessarily with that accuracy).
Apart from that, I've never heard of it.

Richard