Getting a list in user defined selection order

e.tekinalp

Hello everybody,

I want to select components(vertices) in a particular Order with python.
So when I create a list the main problem is, that maya is not listing the verts in the correct selected order as I did.

Here an example:

I have selected from a polySphere the following vtx

[sphere.vtx400, sphere.vtx250, sphere.vtx260, sphere.vtx500, sphere.vtx100]

so maya is giving me a list like that:

[sphere.vtx100, sphere.vtx250, sphere.vtx260, sphere.vtx400, sphere.vtx500]

I know that there is a flag in the cmds.ls that created a list in ordered Selection and that you have to enable the tos flag from the selectPref command

cmds.selectPref(tso = 1)
vtx = cmds.ls(os = 1, flatten = 1)
cmds.select(vtx)

But then he gives me an empty list, I also tried to toggle it in the preference window, but to be honest that couldn't be the way.

So how can I get a list in an userdefined selection order.

Thank you guys for any help.

Cheerio
the turkish engineer

e.tekinalp

Ah sorry this is the correct snippet

cmds.selectPref(tso = 1)
vtx = cmds.ls(os = 1, flatten = 1)
print vtx

the other one wouldn't make any sense. :)

Terry Reedy

Hello everybody,

I want to select components(vertices) in a particular Order with python.
So when I create a list the main problem is, that maya is not listing the verts in the correct selected order as I did.

Here an example:

I have selected from a polySphere the following vtx

[sphere.vtx400, sphere.vtx250, sphere.vtx260, sphere.vtx500, sphere.vtx100]

so maya is giving me a list like that:

[sphere.vtx100, sphere.vtx250, sphere.vtx260, sphere.vtx400, sphere.vtx500]

It is sorting by name.
I know that there is a flag in the cmds.ls that created a list in ordered Selection and that you have to enable the tos flag from the selectPref command

cmds.selectPref(tso = 1)
vtx = cmds.ls(os = 1, flatten = 1)
cmds.select(vtx)

But then he gives me an empty list, I also tried to toggle it in the preference window, but to be honest that couldn't be the way.

So how can I get a list in an userdefined selection order.

Thank you guys for any help.

This is a maya question rather than a python question. Is not there a
maye list where you can ask? If not, is a a stackovevflow-like site that
covers maya?

e.tekinalp

Am Donnerstag, 14. März 2013 10:34:31 UTC+1 schrieb (e-mail address removed):
[...]

ah thank you Terry I was in the wrong group.. XD