getting linker error - multiple definition of the function

pavan734

Hello I have one .h file which I have includeded completely under
#ifndef followed by #define guards. I have the member function
definitions in the same .h file only. Still Iam getting linker errors
saying that "multiple definition of the function: ". Iam getting that
error for all the member functions of that class.

Sunil Varma

Hello I have one .h file which I have includeded completely under
#ifndef followed by #define guards. I have the member function
definitions in the same .h file only. Still Iam getting linker errors
saying that "multiple definition of the function: ". Iam getting that
error for all the member functions of that class.

could you post the code?

Victor Bazarov

Hello I have one .h file which I have includeded completely under
#ifndef followed by #define guards.

....which prevents this header from being included more than once in
the _same_ tranlsation unit, not in *different* ones.
I have the member function
definitions in the same .h file only. Still Iam getting linker errors
saying that "multiple definition of the function: ". Iam getting that
error for all the member functions of that class.

If they are defined outside of the class definition, declare them all
'inline'.

pavan734

Thank you very much to every one. I have now made all the functions
inline and now Iam nt getting any multiple definition errors.