Gridview column LinkButton JavaScript call question

ronc85

I'm using ASP.NET 2.0, C# and AJAX Extensions.

I need help calling a JavaScript function on the Server. I need to
come to the Server to execute a database call and then execute the
JavaScript.

I'm using a GridView column template containing a LinkButton. When the
User clicks the linkbutton the processing is as follows:

1. Make database call to get the URL.
2. If found call a javascript routine to open the URL in a new Window
(The URL is not part of my project).
3. If not found call a javascript to open a popup window.

How do I execute a JavaScript call on the Server? I need to execute a
database call first to get the URL which I then pass to the following
JavaScript routine.

function OpenWindow(sURL, reqWindowName, reqWidth, reqHeight) {

var leftPosition = (screen.width) ? (screen.width-reqWidth)/2 : 0;
var topPosition = (screen.height) ? (screen.height-reqHeight)/
2 : 0;

var sOptions = "toolbar=no, " +
"location=no, " +
"directories=no, " +
"status=yes, " +
"menubar=no, " +
"scrollbars=yes, " +
"resizable=yes, " +
"top=" + topPosition + ", " +
"left=" + leftPosition + ", " +
"width=" + reqWidth + ", " +
"height=" + reqHeight;

mywindow=open(sURL, reqWindowName, sOptions)
mywindow.focus();
}

Thanks,
Sal

Michael Nemtsev [MVP]

Hello (e-mail address removed),

why not to make JS call before or after postback?!

calling JS on server doesnt gave u want u want

---
WBR,

ronc85

Got the answer

Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(),
"OpenWindow", @"<script language='javascript'>OpenWindow('http://
www.google.com', '', 800, 800);</script>");

Thanks,
Sal

ronc85

Got the answer

Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(this.GetType(),
"OpenWindow", @"<script language='javascript'>OpenWindow('http://
www.google.com', '', 800, 800);</script>");

Thanks,
Sal

Mark Rae [MVP]

<script language='javascript'>

That's deprecated syntax - use this instead: <script type="text/javascript">

Or, even better, get ASP.NET to create the script tags for you so you don't
have to worry about using outdated syntax:

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(GetType(), "OpenWindow",
"OpenWindow('http://www.google.com', '', 800, 800);", true);