Gridview Validation

Guy_B

Hi

This is a vb (2008) asp.net site.

I'm using validators in a gridview control. The columns have been converted
to templates and, when editing the data the validation works as expected.

However, when the gridview first goes into Edit mode, even if the existing
data fails validation, the validators don't highlight the errors UNTIL the
data has been manually edited and the field loses focus. Only then do the
validators correctly show the validation errors.

How can I programatically force the validators to check the validation and
display their messages when the gridview is first displayed, before the data
is edited ?

btw: The validators are warning the user about business rules so it's
possible that data from the database may fail validation.

Cheers - G