Having trouble with randomisation

Deza Awesome

I want my program to say a diffrent maths question everytime the user
goes through the cycle, however it just does the same one :( What can I
do to achive my goal?

V2 = 1 + rand(22)

V1 = 1 + rand(22)

class Die

def roll
1 + rand(22)
end

end

def hello
puts 'whats your name'
name = gets.chomp
puts "Hello ". + name
end

def maths_question
puts 'Whats the sum of ' + V2.to_s + ' and ' + V1.to_s + ' ?'
youSAY = gets.chomp
while youSAY != CorrectA.to_s
puts 'Wrong, please try again'
youSAY = gets.chomp
end
end

def maths_congrats
puts 'Congrats, you got ' + CorrectA.to_s + ', which was the correct
answer!'
end

hello
puts 'Do you want to do maths questions?'
domath = gets.chomp
while domath == 'yes'

CorrectA = V1.to_i + V2.to_i

maths_question
maths_congrats
puts 'Do you want to do more?'
domath = gets.chomp
end

Jeremy Bopp

I want my program to say a diffrent maths question everytime the user
goes through the cycle, however it just does the same one :( What can I
do to achive my goal?

V1 and V2 are constants calculated one time at the beginning of your
script. If you want to loop through your logic with different values
for V1 and V2 each time, you need to recompute them each time through
your loop.

When you do that, you should name them with a lower case first letter so
that ruby does not treat them as constants. Doing that will require
that you rework your logic so that you can pass in these dynamically
generated values to all of your methods that use them.

-Jeremy