Help ! Client JRE plug-in will not use parser specified

Jason Tomlins

Calling all gurus,

Help ! Client browser JRE plug-in will not use parser specified in
html file that funs an applet - it reads;

<applet code="com.ciphersoft.express.client.ExpressApplet"
ARCHIVE = "myJar.jar, myParser.jar"
width="600" height="600">

Your browser is completely ignoring the &lt;APPLET&gt; tag!
</applet>

My application reads an xml file parsed by jared parsers but since it
uses org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl it doesnt parse correctly
and throughs an exception since it does not recognise the start tag.

The browers MS6.0 insists on using
org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl. I'm trying to run the applet
on my machine that does have Tomcat 4.04 installed and it simply
refuses to use the parsers named in the myParse.jar file in html file.

The applet runs fine if I use command line appletviewer.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Jason Tomlins
www.calgarycontacts.com