Help on Hypewrlink ???

Guest

Dear all,

I have a dataset bound to a datagrid object.
One of this grid column is an HyperLinkColumn template defined as follow :

<asp:HyperLinkColumn HeaderText="ID" DataTextField="ID"
DataNavigateUrlField="ID" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="Event.aspx?ReelId={0}">
</asp:HyperLinkColumn>

Is it possible to catch the clik event of the hypelinkColumn befreo the
navigate url get displayed, this in a similar way as a ButtonColumn where it
is possible to catch an ItemCommand event ?

Thnaks for your help
regards
serge

Karl Seguin

I think you pretty much have to use a TemplateColumn and place a LinkButton
inside it.

Karl

Guest

Hi Serge,

If you need to process data before to NavigateUrl, it's better to use
ButtonColumn or LinkButton (in ItemTemplate) rather than HyperLinkColumn.
Using HyperLinkColumn, it will directly request NavigateUrl page.

HTH

Elton Wang