Help with Paypal Live Transactions

Joined
Sep 17, 2021
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I am using a web video script that has Paypal integrated.
Upon attempting a live transaction to test, the process proceeds to Paypal, shows the transaction amount and returns to the web site suceessfully, however no amount is added to the website and no amount is deducted from the paypal user account.

After checking the paypal developer dashboard Event Logs, I see that Event showing “HTTP Status 201 OK”.
Also, upon processing a Live Transaction I see this in ‘Webserver SSL transfer log’:
...."GET /aj/wallet/get_paid?status=success&amount=1.00&token=6H326569M0899450A&PayerID=ZVLJWCX8ST4TS HTTP/2.0" 302 - "https://www.paypal.com/" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/112.0.0.0 Safari/537.36"

I’ve contacted Paypal support (and the website script developer). Paypal said this:
PayPal didn't receive API request to capture approved funds.

I don't know where/how to correct that.

And the web script developer isn't available to assist.

In the script’s files I see the paypal_config.php file, that looks like this:

Code:
$url = "https://api-m.sandbox.paypal.com";
if ($pt->config->paypal_mode == 'live') {
    $url = "https://api-m.paypal.com";
}

$pt->paypal_access_token = null;
$ch = curl_init();

curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url . '/v1/oauth2/token');
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1);
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, "grant_type=client_credentials");
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, $pt->config->paypal_id . ':' . $pt->config->paypal_secret);

$headers = array();
$headers[] = 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded';
curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $headers);

$result = curl_exec($ch);
curl_close($ch);
$result = json_decode($result);
if (!empty($result->access_token)) {
  $pt->paypal_access_token = $result->access_token;
}

Any suggestions/guidance is welcomed.

Joined
Mar 31, 2023
Messages
95
Reaction score
8
Based on the information you provided, it appears that there may be an issue with the integration between your web video script and PayPal. Here are a few suggestions and guidance to help you troubleshoot the problem:

  1. Verify PayPal API Credentials: Double-check the PayPal API credentials ($pt->config->paypal_id and $pt->config->paypal_secret) in the paypal_config.php file. Ensure that the credentials are accurate and correspond to your PayPal business account. Make sure you have different sets of credentials for sandbox (testing) and live environments.
  2. Check PayPal API Endpoint: Confirm that the API endpoint ($url) in the paypal_config.php file is set correctly based on your PayPal mode (live or sandbox). The endpoint should be https://api-m.paypal.com for live transactions and https://api-m.sandbox.paypal.com for testing in the sandbox environment.
  3. Enable API Permissions: Ensure that your PayPal business account has the necessary API permissions enabled. In the PayPal developer dashboard, go to the "My Apps & Credentials" section and check if you have granted the required permissions for the specific API operations your web video script needs to perform (e.g., capturing approved funds).
  4. Debugging and Logging: Modify the code to log relevant information during the payment process to assist with debugging. Add logging statements to track the values of variables, API responses, and any error messages encountered. This can help you pinpoint where the issue might be occurring and gather more information for troubleshooting.
  5. Test in Sandbox Environment: If you haven't done so already, perform a test transaction using the PayPal sandbox environment. This allows you to simulate the transaction without affecting real funds. Verify if the transaction completes successfully in the sandbox environment and if the amount is correctly deducted from the buyer's PayPal account.
  6. Review PayPal Integration Documentation: Consult the official PayPal integration documentation and developer guides specific to the API version and features you are using. This can provide additional insights and examples of how to correctly integrate PayPal into your web video script.
  7. Seek Developer Support or Community Forums: If the issue persists and you are unable to resolve it on your own, consider reaching out to the web video script developer (if available) or the script's community support forums for assistance. Other users or the developer might have encountered similar issues and could provide valuable insights or solutions.
Please note that since I don't have access to the full codebase or the ability to test it myself, these suggestions are general in nature. It's important to review and understand the integration requirements of your web video script and consult the appropriate documentation provided by PayPal for accurate implementation.

I hope these suggestions help you identify and resolve the issue with your PayPal integration.