HMAC-MD5

Vince

Hi,

I have to encrypt a string with HMAC-MD5 in asp, like the function
MHASH_MD5 in php. Is anyone know how to proceed ?

Thanks.
Vincent

Vince

Thanks but I've already found this function md5 in VB. I'd want
MHASH_MD5 function, wich takes a string and a key as argument :

mhash(string,key)

like : http://www.php.net/mhash ($hash = mhash(MHASH_MD5, $input,
"Jefe");)

McKirahan

Vince said:
Thanks but I've already found this function md5 in VB. I'd want
MHASH_MD5 function, wich takes a string and a key as argument :

mhash(string,key)

like : http://www.php.net/mhash ($hash = mhash(MHASH_MD5, $input,
"Jefe");)

Sorry, I'm not (yet) familiar with HMAC-MD5 or MHASH_MD5.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMAC

"A keyed-hash message authentication code, or HMAC,
is a type of message authentication code (MAC) calculated
using a cryptographic hash function in combination with a
secret key. As with any MAC, it may be used to simultaneously
verify both the data integrity and the authenticity of a message."

Hash ActiveX Objects Version 1.3 ($37.50)
http://www.newobjects.com/product.asp?Category=49

"This is a collection of fifteen ActiveX objects that implement
CRC-32 and Adler-32 checksum algorithms, seven cryptographic
hash (also known as message digest) algorithms, and four algorithms
for calculating Hash-based Message Authentication Codes (HMAC).
... HMAC algorithms are: HMAC-MD5 ...."

Hashing Software
http://www.dotnetthis.com/soft/hashing.html