HotSpot Popup

George W. Barrowcliff

FP2000
I have a map with regional hotspots and want to pop up a small window (maybe
300 x 200 with the reps in the regional area when the hotspot is clicked.
It should pop up over the map with a close button returning the user to the
map.

I now have a full page but with the small number of reps right now it looks
overdone, I would like something a little less flashy.

TIA, GWB .

Evertjan.

George W. Barrowcliff wrote on 15 dec 2005 in comp.lang.javascript:
I have a map with regional hotspots and want to pop up a small window
(maybe 300 x 200 with the reps in the regional area when the hotspot
is clicked. It should pop up over the map with a close button
returning the user to the map.

I now have a full page but with the small number of reps right now it
looks overdone, I would like something a little less flashy.

overlib:
<http://www.bosrup.com/web/overlib/>

and use html map areas like this:

<map name="theMap">
<area shape="rect" coords="1,111,70,241" nohref
onMouseOver="return overlib('blah',CAPTION,'xxx',WIDTH,120)">
<area
..... etc