How to copy to clipboard question?

paul

HI! I have being trying a few things here and I am having problems.

I am trying to get data from a variable to a popup window. The popup works
fine and I get strings into it separated by + and I use the escape sequence
\ for the """" . my problem is how do I copy the "ifplink" variable content
to the users clip board? with the use of a button. (I realize this will only
work with IE and that FF/Mozilla needs a secure script but that's ok, I will
add text for FF/M users.)

Am I using the clipboard command correctly? or is it something else? the
popup does open up but the data is not being copied and Ie does not report
anything either.

<script language="javascript">
var ifplink = location.href;
var ifplink = ('http://www.website.com/folder/main.asp?ifp=' + ifplink );
window.onload=function(){
new copylinkpop(0 , 8 , 497 , 200 , "Div1" , "Below is the link to this
page<br><br>" + "<a
href=\"javascript:window.clipboardData.getData('ifplink')\">click to
copy</a>" + ifplink , "#CEB193" , "#321E0A" , "10pt sans-serif" , "Here's
the link to this page" , "#82603C" , "white" , "lightgrey", "#6DBAF3" ,
"black" , false, false, false, true, false,
false,'','','../../../../../Linkpopup/cir_close.gif','../../../../../Linkpopup/resize.gif');
}
</script>

Paul