how to increase heap size for a process

nrhayyal

hi all,
i am working on C++ on AIX machine.
i am running one of my module which is built using 10+ user built
libraries.
i am getting St9bad_alloc exception.
i came to know that this exception is thrown because the heap is
exhausted.
when i checked while running the program , i found that the program
uses 128 MB of heap after which it waits , then it throws this
exception.
my RAM size is 16GB with 4 processors running.
but my module is unable to access more than 128MB.
what i feel is that the OS (in this case AIX) will assign some amount
of heap for a process by default( in my case it is assigning 128MB).
My question is how to increase heap size for my process.
my modules works completely fine on SOLARIS.
but when ported to AIX, it gives me this exception and sometimes it
coredumps.

please help me on how to increase the heap size.
thanks in advance.

nagaraj hayyal.

John Carson

nrhayyal said:
[...]