How to port Python to an ARM running NucleusPlus OS

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Ng, Mar 28, 2009.

  1. Thomas Ng

    Thomas Ng Guest

    Hi there,

    I'm considered a beginner for Python.

    I'm planning to port the Python to run on an embedded device running
    Nucleus+ OS on ARM7 processor.

    Can anyone help to advise how to get started?

    Where I am now: I've downloaded the Python 2.6 from SVN and able to
    compile it using VC++. But no idea how to proceed from here. Since I
    am not familiar with Linux, I would prefer to do the porting work on
    Windows.

    Thanks!

    Thomas

    Thomas Ng, Mar 28, 2009

  2. Thomas Ng

    Thomas Ng Guest

    Hi Thanks, probably I will start with cross-compiling the python and
    see what happen.

    And to compile a minimal python, what are the list of source files
    that need to be compile?
    Any makefile (or other files) that's included in the download package
    that I should refer to?

    Thanks again!

    Thomas

    Thomas Ng, Mar 28, 2009