How to submit Oracle Requests through Java

bhanu

Hi

I am new to Java. I am trying to submit a Oracle Apps Concurrent
Request from Java. I tried something given below:

Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");

// Step 2. Create a Connection object
Connection con = DriverManager.getConnection(
"jdbc:eek:racle:thin:mad:hdqofd:1541:ITPJ",
"apps", "ksl_apps");
System.out.println("got connection for item cost correction;" );
// Step 3. Create a Statement object and call its executeUpdate
// method to insert a record
Statement s = con.createStatement();
String sql = "";
sql =
"FND_REQUEST.SUBMIT_REQUEST('PO','REQIMPORT',NULL,NULL,FALSE,'NOTES',NULL,
'BUYER', NULL, 'No', 'Yes')";
s.executeQuery(sql);

I dont know how to do it exactly and when I try to run this it is
throwing "java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00900: invalid SQL statement"
exception.
Please let me know how to solve this.

regards
Kumar

Wibble

bhanu said:
[...]

use "{ call PKG.PROC(...) }", not "PKG.PROC(...)"
if its a procedure.

Bjorn Abelli

bhanu wrote:
use "{ call PKG.PROC(...) }", not "PKG.PROC(...)"
if its a procedure.

And use...

s.execute(sql);

instead of...

s.executeQuery(sql);

// Bjorn A

HalcyonWild

use "{ call PKG.PROC(...) }", not "PKG.PROC(...)"
if its a procedure.

Is it possible to call this using a Statement. Or you will have to use
a CallableStatement.