How to use the last user input in Text widget in an If/Else statement after Enter is pressed?

Joined
Mar 31, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hello. I am trying to make a chatbot using tkinter and I can't seem to make it use each last input inserted by the user in the Text widget to display the next according question.
I tried already to put the nested if/else statements within the Enter_pressed function but it uses only the first if and the last else.
Any help appreciated" Thank you.

root = Tk()
Text and Entry widgets created
def first_question():
question = str(">>>Question....?")
messages.insert(INSERT, '%s\n' % question)
messages.after(2000, first_question)

def Enter_pressed(event):
global input_get
input_get = input_field.get()
print(input_get)
messages.tag_config("right", justify="right")
messages.insert(INSERT, '%s\n' % input_get, "right")
input_user.set('')
if input_get == answer1: ## the answer for first_question
quest2 = str(">>>Question 2?")
messages.insert(INSERT, '%s\n' % quest2)
return "continue"
if input_get == answer2: ## the program can't seem to read this new input_get
quest3 = str(">>>Question 3?")
messages.insert(INSERT, '%s\n' % quest3)
return "continue"
else:
messages.insert(INSERT, " goodbye")
else:
quest4 = str(">>>Question4?")
messages.insert(INSERT, '%s\n' % quest3)
frame = Frame(root)
input_field.bind("<Return>", Enter_pressed)
frame.pack()

root.mainloop()

Last edited: