HTML question

Magic

Hi,

The following page displays fine in FF but in IE the text of some of the
paragraphs seem to be getting chopped off on the right hand side -
namely the two paragraphs that are in tables with pictures in the LHS cells.

http://mickpeckmagic.com/birthday.html

Questions :

Is this happening on your screen, and how do I remedy it?

Thanks!

freemont

Hi,

The following page displays fine in FF but in IE the text of some of the
paragraphs seem to be getting chopped off on the right hand side -
namely the two paragraphs that are in tables with pictures in the LHS cells.

http://mickpeckmagic.com/birthday.html

Questions :

Is this happening on your screen, and how do I remedy it?

Yes, it is in IE6.

Try taking the width="100%" out of the table.

paul watt

Magic said:
Hi,

The following page displays fine in FF but in IE the text of some of the
paragraphs seem to be getting chopped off on the right hand side - namely
the two paragraphs that are in tables with pictures in the LHS cells.

http://mickpeckmagic.com/birthday.html

Questions :

Is this happening on your screen, and how do I remedy it?

Thanks!

FYI,
The technique you're using to build the page (tables) is very outdated,
investigate CSS for layout. I recomend a visit to http://www.htmldog.com for
some pointers.

branyred

Hi,

The following page displays fine in FF but in IE the text of some of the
paragraphs seem to be getting chopped off on the right hand side -
namely the two paragraphs that are in tables with pictures in the LHS cells.

http://mickpeckmagic.com/birthday.html

Questions :

Is this happening on your screen, and how do I remedy it?

This is not happenig on my creen, And I'm not using Firefox or that
terrible thing.

branyred

FYI,
The technique you're using to build the page (tables) is very outdated,
investigate CSS for layout. I recomend a visit tohttp://www.htmldog.comfor
some pointers.

Tables are not outdatet. Why do you think tables is outdated? Tables
is
part of html and will only be outdated if vendors say so. Mayby you
meant best practice?

Rob Waaijenberg

(e-mail address removed) schreef:
Tables are not outdatet. Why do you think tables is outdated? Tables
is
part of html and will only be outdated if vendors say so. Mayby you
meant best practice?

Are we going to be nitpicking? Right:

Paul didn't say tables were outdated,
he said that using tables for building the page is outdated. And he is
right.

Brandy Red

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

Are we going to be nitpicking? Right:

Paul didn't say tables were outdated,
he said that using tables for building the page is outdated. And he is
right.

I wont argue whit that. I'm just used to people hiding their meanings.
Sorry my english, but i will be nitpicking if are people that try to
convince people, and they don't make sence to me. I hope it's accepted.

Brandy Red

(e-mail address removed) schreef:

Are we going to be nitpicking? Right:

I hope we are going to nitpicki, not about Paul post, or somebody
else, but about the meaning. I amit, I might be wrong on this one.