httpHandlers

hb

I am trying to upload a site to godaddy. It works in my debug enviornment
in VS2008, but not on the server. One of my problems is that when I add a
custom httpHandler, it fails. E.g.:

<httpHandlers>
<add verb="*" path="*.subscribe" type="PRSubscription"/>
<add verb="*" path="*.unsubscribe" type="PRSubscription"/>
</httpHandlers>

If I comment those lines out, the pages work (i.e. *.aspx) though of course
the PRSubscription handler is not called when intended.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I assume that there is something in the
config file hierarchy that is missing, though I have no idea what the base
configuration is. For that matter, is there a way to extract the root
configuration settings?

bruce barker

either godaddy has locked down the web.config to not allow handlers, or
you handler requires more than medium trust. you need to check with them.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)