inheritance in C#

support

I have a web page (compiled with .net 2.0 /Visual studio 2005)
http://people-places-work.info/addPerson.aspx
derived from System.Web.UI.Page, but I would like to insert an intermediate
class called addPersonBase from this local project.
This worked for me in VB, but C# wants something more.
---------addPerson.aspx.cs
public partial class addPerson :
//System.Web.UI.Page
addPersonBase
{ ....
}
----------end
---------addPersonBase.cs
public class addPersonBase :
System.Web.UI.Page
{
public addPersonBase ()
----------end
Unfortunately when I do that I get an error
Error 1 The type or namespace name 'addPersonBase' could not be found (are
you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Any ideas on how to fix that?

sloan

VB.NET had you on "training wheels" for namespaces (as the most likely
reason).

In VB.NET, right click a project and find the default namespace.
Whatever that is (its probably something like "MyApplication", the full name
of your class is
MyApplication.addPerson

in C#, you need to use the "using" statement, or fully qualify the class
name.

You also probably put "addPersonBase" in a different folder than your
addPerson class.

MyApplication
\Folder1\addPersonBase
\Folder2\addPerson

At the top of addPerson.cs, you'll need to put something like

using MyApplication.Folder1;

OR

public partial class addPerson : MyApplication.Folder1.addPersonBase
{}

This was one of my biggest issues with VB.NET back in the day. I hated
everything defaulted to the default namespace, and when you added a new
class, you had to manually type in

Namespace Graphics

End Namespace

Ah...a very old post:
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...amework.aspnet/msg/2ec310d7b4b443b8?hl=en?d1a
Look for "MyCompany"

support

Thanks that worked.
I ended up putting that code addPersonBase.cs in the folder App_Code and
addPersonBase was picked up by
addPerson.aspx.cs in the . folder