Inline List Navigation Going Wrong In Opera :O(

Hardeep Rakhra

Heya,

I wonder if anyone can point out where i'm going wrong here....

http://makeupheaven.co.uk/testarea/index.html

The navigation list is fine in IE5.X IE6 Firebird/fox and Safari (kind
of), but in Opera 7 it all goes horribly wrong and i can't figure out why.

Anyhelp would be most appricated.

Hardeep

rf

Hardeep Rakhra said:
Heya,

I wonder if anyone can point out where i'm going wrong here....

http://makeupheaven.co.uk/testarea/index.html

The navigation list is fine in IE5.X IE6 Firebird/fox and Safari (kind
of), but in Opera 7 it all goes horribly wrong and i can't figure out why.

It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
largest, the menu wraps, badly.

Cheers
Richard.

Hardeep Rakhra

rf said:
It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
largest, the menu wraps, badly.

Quite happy in Firebird/Firefox, gonna fix the IE issue by shortening
the menu. Easiest way i see, i've asked before on how to make it fit
accross the sceen with no luck. Just the opera issue get's me total.

Hardeep.

Hardeep Rakhra

rf said:
It goes horribly wrong with IE as well. Simply make your font size larger or
largest, the menu wraps, badly.

Now i swear that wasn't happening before :eek:| Also by little decorative
buttons are going mad when you scale up in IE too!

Okay can someone help with both these issues? The dammed think scales
beautifuly in Firefox.

Hardeep.

rf

Hardeep Rakhra said:
Now i swear that wasn't happening before :eek:| Also by little decorative
buttons are going mad when you scale up in IE too!

Okay can someone help with both these issues? The dammed think scales
beautifuly in Firefox.

IE has a problem with font-size specified in ems. Under certain
circumstances it loses the plot and applies the font-size twice, depending
on the user font-size setting. So, small becomes bloody small and large
becomes cosmically large. However, all other things like sizes of divs (in
ems) remain as they should be, small remains small and large remains large.

You have specified width in ems for your elements but have fallen into the
IE bug. The content is getting bigger faster than its container.

The best workaround is to not specify width at all and allow your content to
flow to the width of the viewers canvas. If you don't want to do that then
the hack to eliminate the bug is to specify:

body {font-size: 100%;}

Don't ask why, it just works :)

Cheers
Richard.

Hardeep Rakhra

rf said:
The best workaround is to not specify width at all and allow your content to
flow to the width of the viewers canvas. If you don't want to do that then
the hack to eliminate the bug is to specify:

body {font-size: 100%;}

Thanks for that, worked a treat. Will address the Opera isssue tommrrow
after some much needed sleep.

Thanks.

Hardeep.