    Googling for this I wasn't able to narrow the results down to
    something usable. Anyone know of issues and how to fix them installing
    on vista 64 (yes, I have 8 gigs of ram)

    DwBear75, Jul 23, 2009

  2. I have installed the 32 bit 2.6 and the 64 bit 3.1 on my machine
    running Vista 64 without any issues.

    Which of course has nothing to do with your problem....

    Jaime Fernandez del Rio, Jul 23, 2009

  3. I just downloaded and attempted to install python 2.6.2. The
    Are you using subst'ed drives by any chance?
    Run "msiexec /i <pythonxy.msi> /l*v python.log", and search the log file
    for 1602. This should give a clue.

    Regards,
    Martin

    Martin v. Löwis, Jul 24, 2009