io-reactor, closed stream

ritchie

Hi

I'm using the io-reactor module and the exception below is thrown, it
seems, from the Kernel::select, closes down the io-reactor chat server
example with about 30 peeps using it :) ok, I know it's a "crude
example" not for production use etc, but there it is. What are the
conditions that generate the "closed stream" exception from select,
there is no docs on that as far as I can see, thanks. ps, I have added
various puts and exception handling in my code so the line #'s may be
incorrect below.

Error in server: closed stream

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/io-reactor-0.05/lib/io/reactor.rb:285:in
`select'

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/io-reactor-0.05/lib/io/reactor.rb:285:in
`getPendingEvents'

/usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/io-reactor-0.05/lib/io/reactor.rb:247:in
`poll'
/home/rturner/chatserver.rb:203:in `eventLoop'
/home/rturner/chatserver.rb:376
Shutting down: Server error: closed stream