I've Read A Intro Book To Java, What's Next?

Lew

Andrew said:
The 'Java Tutorial' mentioned by Lew earlier in the thread
has plenty of code examples, though watch for deprecated
methods.
<http://www.google.com/search?as_filetype=java&as_sitesearch=java.sun.com>

There are an awful lot of open-source projects out there. sourceforge.net 's
got a million of 'em. You can download the source from any such project and
toy with it all you want.

JavaBlueprints has a bunch of ready-to-wear solutions:
<http://java.sun.com/reference/blueprints/>

Check out the "Related Links" section on the side of that page.

IBM developerWorks: Java is a superb source:
<http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java>

Greg Miller

Enteng said:
Hi guys! I've finished reading Beginning Programming with Java For
Dummies today and I still want to learn more about java. What books
would you guys suggest that I read next?

Well, what do you want to do? I'm going to assume you plan to program
for a living some day. In which case I'd recommend moving on to higher
level books which don't focus so much on the language, but rather on
methods of getting actual work done. If you focus just on learning
Java, you won't actually learn how to make Java do useful things.
A book on data structures and algorithms is probably a good second
step. But you'll eventually want to learn databases, computer
structure, design patters, object oriented principles, discrete
mathematics, and a lot more I can't think of right now. Taken a step at
a time it will eventually all come together.