January Ruby events in the SF Bay Area

Rich Morin

Bosco So has located a promising new venue for the SF Ruby Meetup:

There is WiFi access to the Internet as well as a large plasma
TV/monitor for presentations. In addition to offering caffeine
in various forms, they have sandwiches and desserts. Lastly,
there are lots of dining opportunities nearby for apres-event
chowing.

-- http://ruby.meetup.com/6/events/4815812

Meanwhile, I'm continuing to schedule Beer & Pizza SIGs, allowing
us to have comestibles, conversation, etc. My spouse Vicki and I
really like Wild Pepper; see her review at

http://www.cfcl.com/vlb/weblog/archives/000904.html

so you can expect a fair sampling of "Beer and Egg Roll SIGs" to
show up in the mix. Unlike Pasquales Pizzeria, Wild Pepper tends
not to be a crowded venue. This is bad for them, but good for us
(quiet environment, lots of available tables, etc.) Works...

1/10 6:15 pm The San Francisco Ruby Meetup Group will meet at the
Golden Gate Perk cafe (401 Bush St.; SF, CA). For
details and directions, see
http://ruby.meetup.com/6/events/4815812

6:15 - general Q/A, problem solving, and caffeine

7:00 - talk on Model-based Documentation by (sigh)
yours truly.

7:30 - back to caffeine and conversation

1/25 8:00 pm The Beer & Pizza SIG will meet at Wild Pepper (3601
26th St.; SF, CA). For details and directions, see
http://cfcl/rdm/beer_and_pizza

-r

P.S. If you are planning a Ruby-related event in the SF Bay Area, be
sure to let me know about it (early) so that I can list it!