Javascript functions not working

Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Hi Experts,

I am new in VS 2005. I have been working with asp classic.

I tried to put a javascript function for a button click. Its not working....

Instead....just refreshing the page...!

Also, if I clicked any controls in the page, it is refreshing...simply..

I tried to turn off autopostback for a page...but I couldn 't find out.

Even for just showing a label, if I clicked a link button, the whole page including master page is refreshing...............!

How can I add javascript function in controls and how can I avoid the annonimous page refreshing?

function check() {

// I want to add page validations here

}

</script>

<input id="SubmitNext" style="left: -505px; position: relative; top: 81px" type="button" value="NextHTML" onclick="check()"/>

<asp:Button ID="btnNext" runat="server" Style="left: -491px; position: relative; top: 75px" Text="Next" TabIndex="6" OnClick="btnNext_Click" />

I tried both HTML button and asp button

Please help me

akkus