Key in Dictionary

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Ross Culver, May 7, 2007.

  1. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    This error message "Item has already been added. Key in dictionary . . . "
    has become a major problem for me.

    I have a website whose main attractions (the money maker) are the two
    datagridviews used to return user requested information. The site is still
    in debug mode as we're in the final testing phase, so we're pounding the
    query and the grid to test it thoroughly.

    This site was built with VS 2K5, DotNet 2.0 on a Windows 2003 server and is
    AJAX enabled.

    This error is now popping up frequently and can only be corrected by
    removing the datakeyNames from the settings, saving and then re-inputting
    the keys. The Datamember is set to 'DefaultView'. I have no custom
    dictionaries and no code to manage these keys (neither to add nor to remove
    keys). Googling the error I found many folks suffering from the problem,
    but no one had even mentioned simply removing the keys.

    My site is 'DOWN' if I cannot get this problem resolved.

    What can I do to stop getting this error? Do I have to manage the keys?
    How?

    Thanks tremendously in advance.

    Ross

    Ross Culver, May 7, 2007

  2. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    Could this possibly be a session issue? Are the key values dropped at the
    end of each session?

    Ross

    Ross Culver, May 7, 2007

  3. I'm not sure i understand your issue. Keys must be unique, the constraints
    are enforced. It seems obvious to me that you have a dupe in the process
    either with the submit or elsewhere. Are you saying that the data structure
    itself is corrupted?

    --
    Regards,
    Alvin Bruney