Launch client evenet from server

hsandee

Hi,

Is this possible:

I need to populate an Outlook email form with data a user has entered
+ data from a database and then popup it up for review.

I have written a VB script to trigger the popping up of the Outlook
mail form BUt since my "Send mail" button also need to collect all
information before populating the email foem i am stuck with both
client and server scripts. Essentially can i ,after getting all the
data using server code, trigger my VB script to capture it and pop up
the form??

Any help is appreciated.

autumnof79

Guest

(e-mail address removed) wrote in @t31g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
Hi,

Is this possible:

I need to populate an Outlook email form with data a user has entered
+ data from a database and then popup it up for review.

Yes this is possible - but you'll run into a lot of security restrictions.

Perhaps you should have the form on the server side... and render a "look-
a-like-form"? Is that possible?

Otherwise - what you need to do is generate dynamic VBScript which contains
all the prepopulated data. This dynamically generate VBScript will call
Outlook to display the form. It's not hard to do but getting your network
administrator to allow the permissions required on the client end will
probably turn out to be more of a challenge.