Layer at bottom

Brian

Hi

I want to create a layer that 100% wide, 200 px high and stays at the
bottom of the screen, even when the page is scrolled, how do I do this?
I have seen it on websites but can't find any example code

Brian

bmgz

Brian said:
Hi

I want to create a layer that 100% wide, 200 px high and stays at the
bottom of the screen, even when the page is scrolled, how do I do this?
I have seen it on websites but can't find any example code

Brian

you can use CSS:
position: fixed;

Brian

Hi

Could you give me an example of the code to do that?
I can't seem to get it to work :)

Thanks

Brian

Randy Webb

Thomas said:
Could you give me an example of the code to do that?

Could you stop abusing domains (in this case that of Given Imaging
Ltd, Israel) [1], post to a group dealing with Web authoring ...

Every time it seems that you might be emerging from puberty, you spout
off with some garbage like that. It is obvious to anyone that has any
common sense at all what the address is intended to imply. If it fails
to be obvious to you, you need to find another group.
[...]
[...]

.... and stop top-posting? <http://jibbering.com/faq/>

And no, that is not a request.

Yes it was, you just fail to realize that it was.

Lasse Reichstein Nielsen

Randy Webb said:
Thomas said:
Could you stop abusing domains (in this case that of Given Imaging
Ltd, Israel) [1], post to a group dealing with Web authoring ...
It is obvious to anyone that has any common sense at all what the
address is intended to imply. If it fails to be obvious to you, you
need to find another group.

It's not about it being obviously not his own address, it's it being
somebody else's. Should a harvester find the address, it is the
administrator at given.com that must handle the spam, not Brian.

It's simple curtesy *not* to use other people's domains. After all,
Brian is probably not affiliated with Fiven Imaging, Ltd, so he
shouldn't be appearing to be.

If anyone wants an invalid address, use (e-mail address removed).

/L

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Lasse said:
[snipped because of full ACK]
If anyone wants an invalid address, use (e-mail address removed).

Certainly not.

The technical aspect is:

It is a violation of Internet standards, particularly RFC 1036 (Standard
for interchange of USENET messages), and RFC 2822 (Internet Message
Format), to which it refers. The `.invalid' top-level domain (TLD) is
not to be used for e-mail in public (RFC 2606: Reserved Top Level DNS
Names). Bottom line: "A mailbox receives mail." (RFC 2822, 3.4.)

See <http://www.rfc-editor.org/>.

The social aspect is:

Social thinking, reasonable people manage to handle the spam that they
are receiving (by filters); and fight spammers actively (by complaints,
e.g. to admins of open relays) instead of burdening others (i.e. those
who seek to use e-mail as intended, as an important means of non-public
communication, and mail server administrators, of course) with the
consequences of their own (the spam-receivers') incompetence.
Bottom line: Forging addresses helps spammers.

See e.g. <http://www.interhack.net/pubs/munging-harmful/>

PointedEars

Ivan Marsh

Social thinking, reasonable people manage to handle the spam that they
are receiving (by filters); and fight spammers actively (by complaints,
e.g. to admins of open relays)

Yea, that seems to be working.
instead of burdening others (i.e. those who seek to use e-mail as
intended, as an important means of non-public communication, and mail
server administrators, of course) with the consequences of their own
(the spam-receivers') incompetence. Bottom line: Forging addresses helps
spammers.

See e.g. <http://www.interhack.net/pubs/munging-harmful/>

Sorry but anyone who equates address mangling with terrorism is socially
irresponsible and should not be considered an authority on social
responsibility.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Thomas said:
The social aspect is:

Social thinking, reasonable people manage to handle the spam that they
are receiving (by filters); and fight spammers actively (by complaints,
e.g. to admins of open relays) instead of burdening others [...]

I should add that there are also means available to fight spammers
effectively passively. Search the Web for "tarpit" (or teergrube)
and "honeypot".

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ivan said:
Sorry but anyone who equates address mangling with terrorism is socially
irresponsible and should not be considered an authority on social
responsibility.

You should read it again, more carefully. It is spamming that is compared
to terrorism. The spammer is the considered the terrorist of the net, of
course not those the manglers who try to fight him but unintentionally help
him.

PointedEars

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ivan said:
Sorry but anyone who equates address mangling with terrorism is socially
irresponsible and should not be considered an authority on social
responsibility.

You should read it again, more carefully. It is spamming that is compared
to terrorism. The spammer is considered the terrorist of the net, of course
not the address manglers who try to fight him but unintentionally help him.

PointedEars

Ivan Marsh

You should read it again, more carefully. It is spamming that is compared
to terrorism. The spammer is the considered the terrorist of the net, of
course not those the manglers who try to fight him but unintentionally help
him.

Does spam make you fear for your life?

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Ivan said:
Does spam make you fear for your life?

No, but for its equivalent within the borders of the analogy. Sorry that
you don't understand that. You should at least try to get the bottom line
of the article. But that is off-topic here, so please continue discussion
about it elsewhere.

PointedEars

Ivan Marsh

No, but for its equivalent within the borders of the analogy. Sorry
that you don't understand that. You should at least try to get the
bottom line of the article. But that is off-topic here, so please
continue discussion about it elsewhere.

Don't tell me what I don't understand you stupid assfuck!

There, now the conversation can end smartass.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Ahh, I should have noticed this earlier.
[...]
Don't tell me what I don't understand

Yet I have to as you don't appear to notice anything anymore.
you stupid assfuck!
Sweet.

There, now the conversation can end [...]

Yes, indeed.

[x] done

PointedEars

Brian

First off You only need half a brain to work out what I meant,
if it bothered you that much then all you had to do was point out
that given.com was a real address, my reply would have been sorry
and I would have changed it as I have. I don't know that given.com
was real, you guys have spent way to much time on this, when all
you had to do was point it out instead of throwing your toys
out the pram and bitching at each other, and the best of all I still
didn't get the answer I was looking for !

Randy, thanks for your comments :)

Brian

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Brian said:
First off You only need half a brain to work out what I meant,
if it bothered you that much then all you had to do was point out
that given.com was a real address, my reply would have been sorry
and I would have changed it as I have.

You changed it to something less annoying for the owner of the domain,
but same annoying to readers and still standards-violating:

| Verifying <[email protected]>...
| Mail exchanger(s) for b.com: none.
| A record for b.c:
| None said:
I don't know that given.com was real,

It does not matter if the domain already exists. As I have already pointed
out, all *addresses* provided have to be existing, and the domain(s) used
has/have to be yours or you need explicit permission from the owner to use
it.
you guys have spent way to much time on this [...] and the best
of all I still didn't get the answer I was looking for !

This is not a (paid) support forum, but a public discussion group!
Go away.

PointedEars

Brian

1) Lots of people don't put their real email address up as
they don't want Spam. If spammer didn't go round looking for
email address on newsgroups then we wouldn't have to do it.
So you should be complaining about the spammers, I, and lots
of others would not put up my real addressee for this reason, but
is doen't stop us from using newsgroups.

2) Newsgroups are set up for 2 things, one as you say to discussion
a giving topic, and 2 to help others that don not understand the given
topic or need help. This is called a community, a gathering of people
that are nice and helpful, and air thier views and points

3) I unlike you, I will continue to help others in other newsgroups who are
asking for help to solve a problem, once again it's called being nice.
If I spot a problem or note that a user is doing something wrong that they
may not be aware of then I would politely point it out, not jump on them

4) You may think you are perfect and never make mistakes and have
the right to 'boss' others about who make who do. A polity reply has
a lot more effect than pissing everybody off because you think you are
better than them.

And as for the 'Go Away' comment, you wish you had that power
give you some sort of meaning in life

So I'm going to leave you and your soap box to get on with it

Brian

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Brian said:
1) Lots of people don't put their real email address up as they
don't want Spam. [more whining about his own incompetence]
So I'm going to leave you and your soap box to get on with it

Congratulations, you have just come out as being deliberately antisocial.

<
Fortunately, there are means against such behavior:

,-<http://www.home.ntl.com/page/userpolicy>

,-<http://www.home.ntl.com/content/ebiz/ntlhome/page/col4listsservices/b3455_tc_4p.pdf>

| Residential customer service agreement
| Terms and Conditions.
|
| [...]
| 17.1 Nobody may use the Services:
| (i) to send a message or communication which is offensive, abusive,
| indecent, obscene, a nuisance or hoax;
| [...]

,-<whois 81.101.29.216>
| [...]
| remarks: For abuse notifications please -
| remarks: file an online case @ http://www.ntlworld.com/netreport

[x] done

*PLONK*

PointedEars