List of open browser windows???

Mr. Clean

Can I to get a list of all open browser windows using Javascript ?

Let's say: my html opens 4 new windows (using the function open), is there a
way to get an array windows[ ] or documents[ ] or somthing where i can access
all of them ?

Richard Cornford

Mr. Clean said:
Can I to get a list of all open browser windows using Javascript ?

Let's say: my html opens 4 new windows (using the function open),
is there a way to get an array windows[ ] or documents[ ] or
somthing where i can access all of them ?

Browser DOMs do not provide any properties relating to open or opened
separate windows. You may create your own array by storing the return
value from all of your calls to window.open but that will not tell you
whether the window is open or not, or whether the returned value is
actually a reference to a new window, a dummy or a reference to the
current window (or one of the many other outcomes of the use of
client-side pop-up blocking software).

Richard.