'LoadFile' not found when invoking Acrobat via wx.lib.pdfwin

Christian Stapfer

Hi,

I get the following traceback when trying to have
wx.lib.pdfwin.PDFWindow open a PDF file:

E:\Tutoring\Teacher\Flashcards>python pdfwin1.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "pdfwin1.py", line 50, in OnOpenButton
self.pdf.LoadFile(dlg.GetPath())
File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode-enthought\wx\lib\pdfwin
..py", line 34, in LoadFile
return self.CallAXMethod('LoadFile', fileName)
File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode-enthought\wx\activex.py
", line 385, in CallAXMethod
return self._CallAXMethod(name, args)
File
"C:\Python24\lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode-enthought\wx\activex.py
", line 378, in _CallAXMethod
return _activex.ActiveXWindow__CallAXMethod(*args)
KeyError: 'method <LoadFile> not found'

The code in pdfwin1.py is from
http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet618.html

How could the ActiveX control PDFWindow possibly
*not* find the 'LoadFile' method, I wonder. - Or
am I misinterpreting the message?
(I am running Enthought Python 2.4 on Windows XP.)

Thank you in advance for any ideas as to what
the problem might be,

Christian