localhost usage in web service

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi rkbnair,

After some checking on the solution you send me, here are something I found
maybe the cause of the problem you met:

** Regardless of the service project, the client project which reference
and call the webservice is a ".NET 3.0+" project. Thus, that project
doesn't have "Add WebReference" function, but have "Add serviceReference".
Therefore, the proxy you generated is a WCF service client proxy.

** Event for WCF client proxy, you didn't type the proxy's namespace and
class name correctly. I've verified that the proxy class's
namespace+classname is as below:

"ServiceReference1.service1soap"
"ServiceReference2.service1soap"

rather than "localhost.xxxx", there is no "localhost" here.

If you're wantting to develop .NET 2.0 application and consume the
webservice, you should choose ".NET Framework 2.0" when you creating the
project in Visual Studio 2008. .NET 2.0 project in VS 2008 does provide
"Add WebReference" function like VS 2005 project.

Also, for client proxy namespace+classname, please click into the "Web
Reference" node in Solution Explorer so as to get the actual
value(actually, you can get intellisense support when you type the root
namespace of the certain webreference).

I'll also send you back a modified version of the project(in that one I
still remains your .NET 3.0 client project, but changed the client proxy
declaration to the correct namespace+classname).

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------
From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:21:21 GMT
Subject: Re: localhost usage in web service
Hi rkbnair,

I've got your project via email. I'll take a look and let you know what I
find.

From: (e-mail address removed) (Steven Cheng[MSFT])
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 03:01:51 GMT
Hi Rkbnair,

Would you send me the complete package? You can reach me at "stcheng"
+"@microsoft.com".

In addition to the code you provided, what I need much is the autogenerated
webservice proxy's code (normally it is a file named "Reference.cs"). The
namespace and class name there determines how you should declare and create
them in your main client code.