Login Redirect & Sub Directory

Mr Ideas Man

Hi all,

I have a sub directory in an appication i have written.

In my web config i have set the security like so.

<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="LoginUrl">
</authentication>
<authorization>
<deny users="?" />
</authorization>

Say my directory is name 'Directory A'..
How do i make it exempt from the root directories security & login
redirect.???

Cheers,
Adam

Guest

Here's an Idea for you man.

Add a web.config file to the Directory A folder. Do it visually with the
ASP.Net Configuration tool in visual studio (website menu). Click security,
Click access rules, ... you can do the rest I'm sure.

Good Luck
DWS

Mr Ideas Man

I am assuming you are talking about asp 2.0.
I am talking about asp.net 1.1 (i guess i should start to clarify this)

Also, i am dealing with a corporate client who, wouldn't give me that kind
of access if their life depended on it.

As i understand it, I can use the location element to achieve what i am
after.
However, I am not exactly sure how to do it..

Cheers,
Adam

Guest

Here's an Idea.
login is not supported in asp.net 1.1 get help for login from login code
vendor group.

Good Luck
DWS