looking for a fastest parallel approach for quick executing of lots small routines

dmitrey

hi all,
I'm looking for a way to execute a number (from 2 to thouzands,
usually small) of python functions as quikly as it's possible.

There seems to be lots of solutions, for example mentioned at
http://www.cimec.org.ar/python/ , but first of all it would be very
nice if the module is included into the scipy module or Python core,
for to minimize additional software dependences.
So what is the best choise? And if noone is included in Python
standard distribution - why it is so and is anything intended in
future Python versions: 2.6 or later?

Thank you in advance,
Dmitrey

dmitrey

I forgot to add: first of all I need sinchronious parallel
calculations, not asinchronious
D.

Terry Reedy

| hi all,
| I'm looking for a way to execute a number (from 2 to thouzands,
| usually small) of python functions as quikly as it's possible.
|
| There seems to be lots of solutions, for example mentioned at
| http://www.cimec.org.ar/python/ , but first of all it would be very
| nice if the module is included into the scipy module or Python core,
| for to minimize additional software dependences.
| So what is the best choise? And if noone is included in Python
| standard distribution - why it is so and is anything intended in
| future Python versions: 2.6 or later?

Not many of use have Beowolf clusters, and the stuff there is experimental.