    recommendations, on how to productively plan during design and development
    for testing so that one achieves consistent support in the code?

    , Jul 30, 2003

  2. Chris Smith Guest

    For the extreme position, try looking for the term "test driven
    development". Doing this for a while certainly teaches a person to
    write testable code.

    --
    www.designacourse.com

    MindIQ Corporation

    Chris Smith, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Drew Volpe Guest

    Unit tests built into the code at every stage of development are
    a great way to accomplish this. It's hard to stay disciplined and
    make sure they're automated and run nightly/weekly, but doing
    so is very valuable.

    dv

    The geographical center of Boston is in Roxbury. Due north of the
    center we find the South End. This is not to be confused with South
    Boston which lies directly east from the South End. North of the South
    End is East Boston and southwest of East Boston is the North End.

    Drew Volpe, mylastname at hcs o harvard o edu

    Drew Volpe, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Bob Kranson Guest

    Bob Kranson, Jul 30, 2003
  5. Phlip Guest

    If developers write tests at the same time as they write code, they will
    trade many hours running a debugger for just a few hours writing tests. They
    make writing the code faster. Research /Test Driven Development/.

    Phlip, Jul 31, 2003