Mingw 3.4.2 in Dev-CPP

Jakub \Quetz\ Lambrych

I would like to know if anybody tried to install Mingw 3.4.2 on Dev-Cpp
4.9.9.0?

The problem is that after installing official Dev-packs (from sf.net)
compilator doesn't want to work (i discovered that they didn't put
ming-utils pack). So I tried to download "raw" meterial from www.mingw.org:

gcc-core
binutils
gcc-g++
gcc-objc
mingw-runtime
mingw-utils
w32api
gdb
mingw32-make

It works, but I always get message (during syntax checking or compiling)
that "nul is not a gcov data" (or sth. like that).

After that I installed MSYS, but than only "lonely-cpp" files compile
without problem. When I want to compile whole project (*.dev)...nothing
happens (probably sth with make.exe is spoilt).

Please help me,
Jakub Lambrych

Ioannis Vranos

Jakub said:
[...]

The simplest solution is to stick with the Dev-C++ default compiler.
Uninstall Dev-C++ and MINGW and reinstall Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1 alone.

Jakub \Quetz\ Lambrych

Ioannis Vranos napisa³(a):
The simplest solution is to stick with the Dev-C++ default compiler.
Uninstall Dev-C++ and MINGW and reinstall Dev-C++ 4.9.9.1 alone.

But the thing is, I would like to have my Dev-CPP with Mingw 3.4.2 as
default compiler- not Mingw 3.3.1.

Ioannis Vranos

Jakub said:
Ioannis Vranos napisa³(a):

But the thing is, I would like to have my Dev-CPP with Mingw 3.4.2 as
default compiler- not Mingw 3.3.1.

You can either install the newer MINGW separately in its own directory
and use it from the command line, or be patient and wait for the newer
release of Dev-C++ that will support it.

Perhaps what you want, can be done. However I haven't tried it (for
these releases).

However this subject is off topic in this newsgroup, I just tried to be
helpful. :)

Probably you will be able to find more insight in the Dev-C++ discussion
mailing list:

The topic in this newsgroup is the C++ language itself, as defined by
the ISO standard.

Jakub \Quetz\ Lambrych

Ioannis Vranos napisa³(a):
However this subject is off topic in this newsgroup, I just tried to be
helpful. :)

I'm very glad to receive help from you. I'm a newbie on this group and i
didn't know that subject of compilers shouldn't be mentioned here. In my
country C grup is quite universal, beacuse, as it turns out, 50% of all
questions mention cross-platform programs. Such programs are usually
connected with exact compiler and libraries.

Probably you will be able to find more insight in the Dev-C++ discussion
mailing list:

Thanks for the link.